Another helpful list of references, this time for creating original characters for your own stories, RPGs, or even fanfictions! Brought to you by writingandresources.
- Seventh Sanctum’s Noun Generators
- Behind the Name’s generator, with advanced options (you can choose from different languages and more!)
- Fake Name Generator gives you a first name, initial and last name as well as an address.
- Fantasy Name Generator, with an advanced option if you wanna learn how to use it.
- Generates name, gender, appearance ans age.
- Writer’s Digest - 7 rules for picking character names.
- Tips for writers on Babynames.com
- How to the right names for your characters, from Writer’s Relief.
- A forum about overused names.
- Another Forum.
- And Another.
- 10 tips for naming characters
PERSONALITY AND BACKSTORY
- Character personality generator
- A generator for skills, abilities and traits.
- A list of 638 primary personality traits.
- Examples of personality traits and how to put them together.
- A thread on overused character backstories.
- TV Tropes - Overused copycat character list (good for making sure your character isn’t an unintentional overused cliche.)
- 25 overused traits, backstories and character archetypes.
ALREADY HAVE AN OC?
humans are fucking pathetic look at this little nigga come out of his egg on his own no crying no helpless “wah wah cut my umbilical cord” bullshit he come out and he already on the hunt for reptilian pussy no fear no games. and we’re the evolved species? smh
why are people so caught up in romanticizing the past? romanticize the future. there will be robots and slightly more equality
The first thing Snape asks Harry is “Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?” According to Victorian Flower Language, asphodel is a type of lily meaning ‘My regrets follow you to the grave’ and wormwood means ‘absence’ and also typically symbolized bitter sorrow. If you combined that, it meant ‘I bitterly regret Lily’s death’.